IJENS Publisher Indexed In SCOPUS


Author(s): Nuralhuda Jasim
Pages: 1-15 Paper ID:181006-1901-4747-IJCEE-IJENS Published: February, 2019
Abstract:-- The adsorption of natural organic matter (NOM) or surfactants onto raw multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) was shown to effectively enhance the dispersibility and stabilization of MWCNTs. The two kinds of dispersants used were humic acid and peptone. Based on the dynamic light scattering (DLS) analyses, the use of surfactants increased the steric hindrance as well as the charge repulsion between adjacent CNT particles, thereby enhancing their suspension. In addition, TEM images agreed with the DSL analysis that HA-stabilized MWCNTs were well-dispersed compared to pep-stabilized MWCNTs. Decreases in the growth rate, water uptake, dry weight, and root elongation rate along with a rise in mortality were detected as an indication of phyto-toxicity in both the pep-MWCNT suspensions at 1000mg/L and the peptone control seedlings. This was an indicator for the presence of suspended MWCNTs as well as their unstable dispersion in the water column. However, the interaction between the HA-CNTs and the plants improved development in terms of water uptake, dry weight and root elongation rate due to their well- dispersed stability in water. Overall, our results suggest that the nature of the dispersant agent itself plays an active role in the toxicity of MWCNTs on tomatoes.
Keywords: Multi-walled carbon nanotubes, phytotoxicity, humic acid and peptone.
Full Text (.pdf)  International Journals Of Engineering and Science | 695 KB
Author(s): Hermawan, Herry Pratikso
Pages: 16-24 Paper ID:191201-7878-IJCEE-IJENS Published: February, 2019
Abstract:-- According to the West Java Provincial Transportation Agency (2016), the challenge that must be faced by Cirebon is the matter of public transportation to prevent congestion. On average, once every 7 minutes the city of Cirebon is crossed by a train that has made the city jam at some point. Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) which is similar to the Transjakarta Bus concept has also been prepared because there have been studies on which routes will be passed. This study examines the behavior model of intermodal road and railroad transportation users considering the highest frequency of population mobility in the Cirebon region is through land transportation, rather than through water or air. The sample representing the population of this study was taken as many as 300 respondents with characteristics of sex, age, education, employment, and income. The research location is at the Harjamukti bus terminal, Prujakan train station, and the Cirebon Prosecutor's train station. The technique of collecting data using questionnaires and interviews. Data analysis techniques using structural equation modeling with PLS. Individual characteristics of respondents were dominated by male gender, age 21-30 years, D3 / S1 education, private employee employment, and income of less than 1.5 million rupiah per month. R2 value of the influence of alternative boundaries and individual limits on travel behavior is obtained at 0.548. This means that 54.8% of the travel behavior of intermodal transportation users can be influenced by alternative constraints and individual limits, while the remaining 45.2% of travel behavior can be influenced by other variables. The value of R2 from the influence of perceptions of attitudes is obtained at 0.560. This means that 56% of the attitude of intermodal transportation users can be influenced by perceptions of intermodal, while the remaining 44% attitudes can be influenced by other variables.
Keywords: Behavior, Intermoda, Transportation
Full Text (.pdf)  International Journals Of Engineering and Science | 485 KB
Author(s): Rudi Jemi Talahatu
Pages: 25-32 Paper ID:192201-3838-IJCEE-IJENS Published: February, 2019
Abstract:-- One of the problems faced by almost all cities in Indonesia and even large cities in developing countries is slums. This research analyzes the handling of slums in the Wainitu village by the Ambon city government with a focus on construction management research. This research method uses a qualitative descriptive approach that begins with the study of literature from various journals, studying documents on slum conditions in the Wainitu village, studying the planning documents for the Wainitu village slum settlement arrangement, and analyzing construction management carried out in handling the slums. The results showed that the Ambon city government had planned construction in handling slum settlements in the Wainitu village including road construction, closed drainage construction, normalization and rehabilitation of open drainage and public open space construction. Analyzed at construction management, the Ambon city government has made a budget plan for each development plan based on the detailed engineering design (DED) that has been made. The Ambon city government not only carried out construction to revamp the slums in the Wainitu village, but planned to turn the area into a more productive area so that it could improve the economy of the Wainitu village community. The handling of this area is expected to be a stimulant for all governments and communities in the world to jointly fight and eradicate slums.
Keywords: Slums, public open spaces, construction management
Full Text (.pdf)  International Journals Of Engineering and Science | 683 KB